IRRATIONALITY ❝ my · personal · blog ❞ | twitter · tumblr · facebook · gravatar · follow





kiyuso
☕ Partially active. Just blogging down my messy thoughts for the record and future references. Also a story writer, typically concerning my gays. I don't particularly have any interests. It's more like, if something piques my interests, I become infatuated or obsessed.


agenda
08/23 My Birthday
9/7 Hello Kitty Cafe Truck
9/28 Tour de Corgi
10/17 Brother's Birthday
10/31 Halloween
11/9 Ramen-o-Rama!
12/5 Wen's Birthday


musings
I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still. - Sylvia Plath

twitter
mail


  Kill me softly

'Killing Me’ was written in tribute to Luke’s Grandmother and the life she has lived since his Grandfather passed away 10 years ago. As Luke says, “I’m often moved thinking about her living without him. She misses him and talks about him everyday. Her broken heart breaks mine and this song was written about that.”

If the lyrics don't already move you, the music must. The repertoire of the piano's melody, the emotional intensity felt by the crescendos and sudden diminuendos, the complete gentleness in this song that doesn't shroud the potential of it is all too beautiful.

I played this song for my ex-fiance's memorial service, and partially for the artist's reasons for creating this song, but also for the truth it holds for me as well. Even though he's no longer around, no longer alive, and it's been years. I still miss him more than I could tell anyone, and I can't really tell anyone because I've broken my own heart too many times telling people about it that I refuse to say anymore on the matter.

I think when I tell people about my ex-fiance, they only see the crimes against me, and don't listen to the other important things about him. He was selfless in the sacrifices he made, self-righteous in every action, indulgent in possibly anything and everything, loving in what life had for him, and completely and utterly hopeful in the impossible. When he believed that he was doing the right thing, even with all the impossibilities, he was a force to reckon with and a beauty to behold. However, there were times when he was suddenly bare and vulnerable, that it broken my heart just seeing that side of him. Sometimes the strongest individuals are the ones that fall the furthest.

I only went to see you once—and that was when you were finally brought home—and I'm so sorry I haven't returned once except now. I'm sorry that I didn't place significance in the things you did for me. And of all the things, I'm really regretful I threw our engagement ring away like cheap plastic just because someone couldn't find peace with our relationship. I should've been stronger and unforgiving of anyone that thought twice of us. You never hesitated when it came to us, especially when your family tossed you out for putting that ring on me. So I'm so sorry and guilty I couldn't do the same.

And even though I have no right, I'm sorry if any of your last thoughts had to be of me. You were probably worried what place I would be after your death, what place I already was after your last visit. And I won't lie, it wasn't a very happy place, but it certainly is now. You've done us all proud, serving for our country in the hardest of times. And you've certainly done me proud, loving me and doing all that you did for me. I miss you dearly.

Lyrics:

[Verse 1]
Sweet heart, would you wake up today?
I promise, you would recognize my face
I wanna show you, how I've grown in this place
In this place, I'm not alone and I know I'll be okay
But it's always harder, when the winter comes to stay
When I can't help remember, all the words I'd never say

[Chorus]
And it's killing me, that you're not here with me
I'm living happily, but I'm feeling guilty
Oh you won't believe, the wonders I can see
This world is changing me, but I'll love you faithfully

[Verse 2]
Everything is taller these days
Or maybe I feel smaller and time rushes away
There's so much I could show you
Oh, the great grandchildren have been laughing like we did when we were young
Oh, I've been laughing like we did when we were young

[Chorus]
But it's killing me, that you're not here with me
I'm living happily, but I'm feeling guilty
Oh you won't believe, the wonders I can see
This world is changing me, but I I'll love you faithfully
Oh, it's killing me, that you're not here with me
I'm living happily, but I'm feeling guilty

[Outro]
Oh you won't believe, the wonders I can see
This world is changing me, but I I'll love you faithfully
Yeah, it's killing me, that you're not here with me
I'm living happily, but I'm feeling guilty
Oh you won't believe, the wonders I can see
This world is changing me, but I'll love you faithfully


< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk.
All rights reserved. ®